Zucchini and Pasta - Simple dish. Big flavor.
Zucchini and pasta is always a 'go to' dish. Some folks call it summer squash. Others say it's gagoots. We call it zucchini.
Zucchini and Pasta is a flavorful dish that can be prepared with just basic ingredients. This dish will never let you down!
Backyard garden zucchini sliced, breaded and fried served with linguni pasta. This is our favorite way of cooking summer zucchinis.
Zucchini a.k.a summer squash, gagoots by any other name is one of my favorite summer veggie.
You don't have to have so many ingredients to make zucchini and pasta. Let's face it, life is busy. You're hungry, you want to eat something that's healthy yet simple and easy to assemble.
With simple vegetarian recipes like this, you'll fly out of the kitchen fast so you can go on your merry way for the day.
Summers are great. We always have zucchinis coming out of our ears, meaning, we harvest a lot of zucchinis. So what do we do? Cook them in different ways. Here's an Awesome Zucchini Recipe Book: Including Appetizers, Main Dishes, And Zucchini Noodles.
In the winter back in New York, when everything around me look dead, I long for the summer even more. I long to dig in the garden, get my hands dirty and plant zucchinis. I love to watch them grow on a rampage in my vegetable garden.
Zucchini and pasta is one of my 'go to' vegetarian pasta recipes. Even in the dead of winter, I hunt for this summer squash. This is my favorite way of cooking these gagoots squash.
Yup. Just give me lots of garlic. I love my garlic. I hope you'll like this garlicky pasta dish I'm sharing.
Also known as gagoots squash
- Zukes - that's this summer squash nickname
- Panko breadcrumbs
- A bit o salt
- Oil to fry them in (Coconut oil preferred)
This is our favorite pots for cooking pasta: The Gotham Steel Pasta Pot with Patented Built in Strainer with Twist N' Lock Handles, Nonstick Ti-Cerama Copper Coating by Chef Daniel Green, 4 Quart.
Really convenient pasta pot
- So yeah, cook the pasta according to what it says in the package drain and leave a little bit of pasta liquid in and set aside right in the pot.
- Slice the zukes cross-wise
- Dip the slices in eggs (I use the cashew mayonnnaise-free)
- Bread them with the crumbs
- Deep fry them in hot oil
- Drain on paper towels and set aside for the pasta
The fun part:
- Saute a few mashed garlic cloves in a bit of oil and toss them into the pot of cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop some pasta into your personal favorite bowl and put some of the fried zukes on top of your garlicky pasta (or mixed them into the pasta.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese if you like.
Nothing beats organic zucchinis. Soft yet crunchy. A simple healthy dish and truly delicious. It taste like summer!
So if you're new to a vegetarian diet, start with this zucchini and pasta recipe and join forces with me on vegetarianism.
Discover how easy it is (really) to eat clean and healthy food.
[Healthy Vegetarian Recipes]
[Pasta with Zucchini]
Enjoyed reading this yummy page? Sign up for our periodic newsletter to get a little motivation. Let's infect the world with a 'healthy lifestyle' to avoid that tsunami of chronic diseases plaguing our planet.
Sign up for a FREE newsletter today!
Return to Top of Page